Tutorial 2 - getting 'Script Error'

Hi -

I have successfully completed Tutorial 1 (great stuff!), using VBScript.

But now having a problem at the beginning of Tutorial 2.

I am following the 'Invoking a Scraping Session in VBScript' strand. I have pasted the VB basic script from the tutorial into SS Pro, it looks just the same as the tutorial.

But when I click on 'Run' I get a Script Error window.Inside the window it says:-

------------------------------------------------------------

Script: Hello World -- begin scraping session

Error Message:

Scripting engine failure
Courtesy of Java: method name:createBean: 1:0
Java Exception: class com.ibm.bsf.BSFException

(scode=0x80020009 wcode=0x0)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, even when I try the 'Intrepted Java' option with the alternative sample script, I still get a Script Error window, which this time says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Script: Hello World -- begin scraping session

Error Message:

The application script threw an exception: java.lang.Exception: An invalid scraping session was designated to be run. Please check the name. BSF info: null at line: 0 column: columnNo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to successfully follow this Tutorial and get the scripts to run?

Tutorial 2 - getting 'Script Error'

Pete,

I'm glad you found the problem. That's not an uncommon mistake to make we've all spent hours tracking down that misspelled word or missing semi-colon.

If you have the option to use Interpretive Java instead of VBScript we recommend you do so. VBScript doesn't play well with Java (the result of bad parenting) and screen-scraper is written entirely in Java.

Thanks,
Scott

Problem solved

OK - I got to the bottom of this - I called my scraping session 'Hello world' not 'Hello World' as in the Tutorial - you have to follow the Tutorials closely!!!