move license to another workstation

Hello,

Our company has bought 1 license of the screenscraper professional edition and that's running on our devServer. Now my code should move to the live environment and thus the screenscraper needs to be running at another server. I don't need it anymore on the devServer. Can I do this move without the need to buy a new license ?

Bye,
Tamara Vos

Tamara,

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you before. You are welcome to run two instances when one is for development and the other for production. In which case there would be no need to disable the existing instance.

Feel free to install on the new machine.

Thanks,
Scott

single license for two machines

Hi,

I just read the following in the FAQ:
"We do allow a single license to be used for two machines under certain circumstances. If you have one machine you use for development, and another used for production/deployment, it is acceptable to use the same license for both machines."

That is the situation in our company. It would be very useful if I could have both machines working with the professional edition. What should I do to arrange that ?

What do you mean with "disable the instance", should I uninstall the screenscraper on the devserver if I still need to move the license ?

Kind regards,
Tamara Vos

Tamara,

Yes. Once you have disabled the instance running on your devServer you may register the installation on your new server using the same registration information that you used before.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Scott