I can't see anything!!

Hello!! I'm new with this thing of screen scraping, infact, I didn't know anything about it 'til my boss at my job asked me to do something with it, I've been looking for some info and the only thing I found was this site, I downloaded the software and I did the tutorial 1, and the first time everything was ok, but when I tried to do it once again, it didn't work out as I wanted to, and, I've been trying to do it once again and it doesn't work, when I start to run the proxy session, I can't record anything with it, and sometimes it shows me some kind of error at the url from the progress tab session, and I still don't know why!!
I'm running out of time and I'll really need some help, the thing that my boss asked me to do is even bigger and I think more difficult than he thinks, but I'll be so happy if at least I can make the scraper to record some pages... for your attention, Thanks!!

I can't see anything!!

Scott;
Thank you so much, I'll try to do it and may be uninstall the messenger, and if it was the problem I'll buy you some drinks!! let me try it and I'll tell you what happens... again thank you so much

I can't see anything!!

GugliG,

The conflict with your messenger is likely the issue. Even if you feel you've turned off the service often programs like a messenger application will keep a process alive at all times and possibly utilize a port that you need.

This issue is outside of screen-scraper and therefore not eligible for support. So, I'll point you in a direction and ask that you solve the issue you're having with your messenger service.

This utility is produced by Microsoft and reveals all of the TCP activity occurring locally and remotely. Use it to find out what process is using what port.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Networking/TcpView.mspx

Thanks,
Scott

I can't see anything!!

Yes, that's the port I'm using, and I've checked it each and every time I try to use it... right now I'm trying to do it again but still not working... oh! by the way, sometimes it starts to recrod something and it gives me back some kind of error,and when I look at the script or the log, the only thing that shows me is something related with messenger... I've tried to use it with the messenger off, and it's the same result... thank's again!!

I can't see anything!!

GugliG,

Are you using port 8777 in each of your browsers?

-Scott

I can't see anything!!

swilsonmc;
I've uninstall it and it's still having the same problem, here's the situation,
I start to do everything asi it says on the tutorial, First I open the screen scrap, then I click to open a new proxy session, then I configure the proxy server just as it says on the tutorial, then I click on the start proxy server button and there's when it has to start saving the pages, but nothing happens, I've tried with some other browsers also, (opera, firefox, netscape) and the result is the same, nothing happens... I hope there's something I'm missing, anyway, thank you so much for your help and again, if you have any other suggestion, believe me it's very wellcome, thanks again for your time!!

I can't see anything!!

GugliG,

I haven't a clue. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Then, please provide something very specific, "like when I do this, it does this" kind of scenario.

-Scott

I can't see anything!!

swilsonmc;
thank's for answering!! and the fact is that I've done everything that the tutorial says, but sadly it is not working, so, if you know or have an idea of what is causing the problem, pleas, help me.

I have the same thought about te thing with the company, I believe they should have leave this problem to the experts, but I believe they are trying to save money... in fact if I can't do it, i'm sure they're giong to be loosing more then just money, but what can I do?...I'm not a manager lke them, but thanks for the offer.

I can't see anything!!

GugliG,

It sounds like you may not be setting your browser to use the screen-scraper proxy like you did for the first try.

If your company is interested, we do offer the service of creating scraping session on your behalf. Though, our turnaround currently is not that swift due to a backlog of work. If you reach a stalemate you can contact us for a free quote.

Thanks,
Scott