Getting content of a scrapeable file

I want to call scrapeableFile.extractData( String text, String name ) where text is the HTML and name is a particular extractor pattern. So I want the HTML content of a particular scrapeable file to pass as the text parameter.

I don't want to scrape this file by session.scrapeFile( String scrapeableFileIdentifier ) because that would invoke the extractor patterns I have created in the GUI in a sequence I don't want thus the reason I'm using a script (to control when each extractor pattern runs).

So how do I get the HTML content of a particular scrapeable file in a script :?:
Thanks in advance!

speedster,

Happy you found your way. Sometimes the solution is a few steps further than you thought.

We're open to suggestions for features or upgrades. You're welcome to post on over at the [url=http://screen-scraper.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2]screen-scraper suggestions[/url] forum.

-Scott

Oh, ok.

I was familiar with that method but it only returns the HTML of the CURRENT scrapeable file. In my case I wanted the HTML of a scrapeable file that is not necessarily the one currently being scraped.

Checking the "This extractor pattern will be invoked manually from a script" checkbox for certain extractor patterns, then scraping a particular scrapeable file (with session.scrapeFile function), and finally running a particular extractor pattern for that scrapeable file will do the trick in my case.8)

Thanks.

speedster,

Will this method provide you with what you're looking for?

http://www.screen-scraper.com/support/docs/api_documentation.php#getContentAsString

Thanks,
Scott

Ok, so once I check this, the extractor pattern will not be invoked in sequence?

Also, while this feature is usefull (thanks for pointing it out), I still would like to know how I can pass the HTML of a particular scrapeable file into the extractData function.

speedster,

For that particular extractor pattern, try checking the box under the Advanced tab that says, "This extractor pattern will be invoked manually from a script".

See is that works.

Thanks,
Scott