SS Freezes using proxy server

I'm having a very difficult problem. Everything works fine if I'm not using the proxy, but when I do use the proxy, I can't get past a certain point.

Starting at this webpage with the proxy server on:

http://aasld2007.abstractcentral.com/planner.jsp

there is a link that says OPEN / CREATE. When I click on it SSPro locks up and freezes, and the web page never comes up.

Please help.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Good advice, Ryan. Nice to have you back.

I've also noticed that certain plug-in/add-ons like toolbars can cause disruption as they're often greedy with their access to an open connection. Disabling them before performing any proxy recording should do the trick.

-Scott

This issue can also occur on Firefox if you are logged into a webmail system. Before scraping its best practice to close every tab / window, and do the proxy / scrape with liveheaders on in Firefox. This is more noticeable in Firefox 1.5 than 2.x. :)

Thanks again for your help! Using FF made all the difference!

I spent 3 to 4 hours yesterday working on this with IE trying to figure it out, and with FF it was totally smooth.

Bhavesh,

I just wanted to let the forum know what the solution ended up being.

It turns out that using IE in conjunction with Firefox when proxying a website produces inconsistent results. It is our recommendation that our users use Firefox exclusively when possible. When not possible we suggest Opera as an alternative and the use of IE only when absolutely nothing else will work.

Thanks,
Scott