Basic and HTML tidy

I'm using the basic editon and in the settings menu you can select if you want to tidy HTML after scraping, but no matter what I choose (on or off) HTML tidy stays on (I've tried to exit and restart the application also).

I can't seem to turn it off, and it messes up the charset of the page (ISO-8859-1). Either I'm doing something wrong or this seems to be bug.

Basic and HTML tidy

Eon,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you but we won't be offering a fix to this issue in the basic edition until the next public release. In the mean time I would like to offer you a discount on a purchase of the professional edition if you would like to upgrade. Please private message me for details.

I recommend that you download the trial version of the professional edition and test your session to see if you're able to do just what you have in mind.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Scott

Basic and HTML tidy

Eon,

We're aware of the issue with the basic edition not allowing for the turning off of tidying. We're working on a solution. In the mean time you can try to affect how screen-scraper handles the default character set by changing the DefaultCharacterSet value in screen-scraper's "resource\conf\screen-scraper.properties" file.

Could you provide us with an example URL that we can use to test the ISO-8859-1 character set?

Thank you,
Scott