Imported session problem(s)

I exported some working scripts/sessions on Linux 2.72 and fired up the latest 3.x on the same Linux box.

The XML seems to import but when I click on a scrapeable file to edit, the cursor goes into "wait while I work" mode and almost hangs the machine.

The scrape session does seem to run, but not being able to access the components in the workbench is too much excitement for me.

Anybody know what my problem(s) might be?

TIA.

Dave

Good news ) Thanks for the update.

UPDATING RESOLVED THE PROBLEM!
Thanks, Todd.
d.

It installs if the check-box is checked! doh.

[quote="todd"]Hi,

We've made quite a few changes since 3.0. Does it help at all if you upgrade that 3.0 instance to the very latest alpha version (currently 3.0.38a)?

Thanks,

Todd[/quote]

The installed instance does not find any updates, so I guess it's a semi-hidden URL for the download?

d.

Hi,

We've made quite a few changes since 3.0. Does it help at all if you upgrade that 3.0 instance to the very latest alpha version (currently 3.0.38a)?

Thanks,

Todd

[quote="todd"]Hi Dave,

It sounds like it may be something related to the newer CentOS version, but I'm not quite sure.

Just to clarify--if you do a fresh install of version 3.0, launch the workbench, then try to create scrapeable files, etc., does it crash as you describe?

Thanks,

Todd[/quote]

Todd,
I did a "tarball install" because the *.bin threw tons of errors when I tried to execute it. But I figured when 2.72 ran/runs fine, the newer one should (by my theories!) run even better...but so far not so.

The workbench DOES launch from the shell.

I tried varying the amount of RAM and that doesn't seem to matter either.

Since 2.72 works and Bob's needs are met that way, it's NOT a show-stopper.

If you want to "tinker", I can open a hole in my router and let you take a look, but that window is only good till next Monday evening around 6pm your time.

Thanks.
Dave

Hi Dave,

It sounds like it may be something related to the newer CentOS version, but I'm not quite sure.

Just to clarify--if you do a fresh install of version 3.0, launch the workbench, then try to create scrapeable files, etc., does it crash as you describe?

Thanks,

Todd

[quote="swilsonmc"]Check your error.log file in the log folder.[/quote]

Nothing relative to the attempt to access a scrapeable file shows up in the error.log.

I'm running as "root" and everything is UID/GID "root".

Also, it does the same thing when I try to CREATE a new scrapeable file.

The only thing that could be a problem is that it's on CentOS5 so I don't know what new Java stuff might be hurting.

However, version 2.72 runs like a champ.

Dave

[quote="swilsonmc"]Dave,
Are the two instances installed in their own folders?[/quote]

YES, without the possibility of overlap and/or sharing.

Dave,

By simultaneous I meant do you have the two instances installed on the same machine. When you do you'll need to make adjustments to your screen-scraper.properties file as described in the FAQ.

http://www.screen-scraper.com/support/faq/faq.php#MultipleInstances

The problem you're having seems like they may be trying to share the db somehow. Are the two instances installed in their own folders?

-Scott

[quote="swilsonmc"]Dave,

Check your error.log file in the log folder. Also, did you say you're running 2.72 & 3.x simultaneously or did you install 3.x over 2.72?
[/quote]

Neither. I have 2.72 and 3.x in parallel, running one at a time.

I have long used a shell startup script to start the Workbench because I mostly run stuff from the command line/batch mode when in production.

I'll take another look at a log.
Thanks.
Dave

Dave,

Check your error.log file in the log folder. Also, did you say you're running 2.72 & 3.x simultaneously or did you install 3.x over 2.72?

If the former, be sure the port settings aren't conflicting in your screen-scraper.properties file.

http://www.screen-scraper.com/support/faq/faq.php#MultipleInstances

To further reveal what's going on, please download the following file to your screen-scraper installation folder (where the program is), remove the .txt, use a launcher to run the script opting to keep the console window open have this replace the usual way you run the workbench. This shell script calls the screen-scraper.jar directly and will display anything sent to standard out in the console window.

http://www.screen-scraper.com/xfer/fire_up_workbench.sh.txt

There's a windows batch file version of this too.

http://www.screen-scraper.com/xfer/fire_up_workbench.bat.txt

Let us know what errors you're able to identify.

Thanks,
Scott