Installation Problem: cannot open shared object file

Good morning!

I am attempting to install screen-scraper under PCLinuxOS 2007 and am getting errors when running the install. These errors occur whether I am root or a user.

I tried the commands that are generating the errors (awk, basename, etc..) from a prompt and they work fine. The shared libraries referenced exist in /lib and are readable and executable.

I was wondering if you've seen these kind or errors before and have any ideas as to how to resolve them.

Thanks,
Steve

[color=red][BEGIN]
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/tmp/install.dir.7224/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[END][/color]

Steve,

That's a good idea. I added a bit to our FAQ. If you think more is needed please let me know.

http://www.screen-scraper.com/support/faq/faq.php#LinuxInstallJRE

-Scott

Hi Scott,

The FAQ that you referenced solved the installation problem that I was having. Thanks for the info.

I had scanned that FAQ before and didn't realize that the problem that I had was related to the JRE install. Adding some of the actual error messages encountered in the problem description in the FAQ would have made it easier to make that connection. Just a thought...

Thanks again for the assistance,
Steve

Steve,

Please see our FAQ on issues with the JRE when installing under Linux.

http://www.screen-scraper.com/support/faq/faq.php#LinuxInstallJRE

Let us know if you need additional information.

-Scott