Help!

Howdy. I am a first-time user for screen-scraper, and have found the tutorials most helpful. However, I cannot get my head around why what I am currently doing is not working.

The website I am looking at is
http://customer1.barchart.com/cgi-bin/mri/webplt.exe?sym=EDU07&data=A&vo...
This should redirect to an automatically-assigned page that changes with each visit (screen-scraper automatically bypasses this according to my scraping session log).

The real problem I am having occurs in the extractor pattern. Part of the code of the grid is, for example, this:

From this HTML I generate the following extractor pattern:
onmouseover="document.info.data.value='~@DATE@~ o/h/l/c = ~@OPEN@~ ~@HIGH@~ ~@LOW@~ ~@CLOSE@~

All tokens are saved as session variables. All use regex as \d(4,8) except for ~@DATE@~, which uses regex \d\d/\d\d/\d\d . NONE of the tokens are optional (as all the tokens appear in the same pattern within the code) and ALL of the tokens are saved as session variables.

No matter how many times I modify this, I cannot find any matches. Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Tom Roderick

Help!

Scott,

Worked great. Thanks so much for the help!
-Tom

Help!

TomRod,

If you make this small change it should work.

Change:

\d(4,8)

to

[\d]{4,8}

Also, I recommend you add one more token to kind of encapsulate the data you're interested in. For this token below

~@plus_minus@~

have the regex be

[\+|\-]+

onmouseover="document.info.data.value='~@DATE@~ o/h/l/c = ~@OPEN@~ ~@HIGH@~ ~@LOW@~ ~@CLOSE@~ ~@plus_minus@~

We've found that extractor text with multiple tokens extract more predictably if there's a clear start and stop established.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thank you,
Scott