RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

I've updated my "test machine" from CentOS 4.x to CentOS 5 and have total failure with SS because it seems to no longer find the "libc.so.6" and related files/directories.

/lib/libc.so.6 is linked to libc-2.5.so while in CentOS 4 I think it was libc-2.3.4.so

I sense that there is something in the SS configuration that needs to be changed, but being a complete "JI" (Java Idiot?! lol)
Laughing), I decided to post here before hacking too much!

Please e-mail or post if you can suggest what to do.

Dave Nuttall
San Antonio, Texas

PS this is on i386 CentOS but I really need to make it work on an X64 production machine, but I don't think it will make any difference as far as SS is concerned.

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

[quote="todd"]Well, at least it's a workaround. Zero G hasn't been the greatest, unfortunately, at providing updates for this kind of thing. To give you a slightly more verbose command

jre/bin/java -Xmx128M -jar screen-scraper.jar

The "128" indicates the maximum amount of memory in megabytes you'd like to allocate to screen-scraper.

Todd[/quote]

Wonderful!
With 3GB of RAM, I think 1024M will do nicely!

Thanks.
d.

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

Well, at least it's a workaround. Zero G hasn't been the greatest, unfortunately, at providing updates for this kind of thing. To give you a slightly more verbose command:

jre/bin/java -Xmx128M -jar screen-scraper.jar

The "128" indicates the maximum amount of memory in megabytes you'd like to allocate to screen-scraper.

Todd

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

[quote="todd"]Ah, I see. So it's actually related to the LaunchAnywhere binary that gets installed by InstallAnywhere.

Try this on the command line

jre/bin/java -jar screen-scraper.jar

See if that launches the workbench.

Todd[/quote]

THAT WORKS for both 2.72 and 3.x!

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

Ah, I see. So it's actually related to the LaunchAnywhere binary that gets installed by InstallAnywhere.

Try this on the command line:

jre/bin/java -jar screen-scraper.jar

See if that launches the workbench.

Todd

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

[quote="todd"]Hi,

So it's happening when you run screen-scraper from the command line? That is, you do something like this

jre/bin/java -jar screen-scraper.jar -s "My Script"

And when you do that, you see the error message appear on the command line?

Thanks,

Todd[/quote]

Actually it happens running the default "screen-scraper" Bourne shell script from the command line which has always started the Workbench for me in the past.

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

Hi,

So it's happening when you run screen-scraper from the command line? That is, you do something like this:

jre/bin/java -jar screen-scraper.jar -s "My Script"

And when you do that, you see the error message appear on the command line?

Thanks,

Todd

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

[quote="todd"]
Could you give a few details on when you see this error occur, and where it appears?
[/quote]

It happens when I try to run SS as installed/left-over from the prior version as well as when I attempt to execute the INSTALL of the "setup*.bin" from the command line.

I had both 2.72 and 3.x running previously and neither one runs now.

The install attempt was from the latest downloadable Linux *.bin file.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Todd.
Dave

RHEL/CentOS5 and SS?

Hi,

Could you give a few details on when you see this error occur, and where it appears? It's likely either originating from the Java Virtual Machine, or from the service wrapper library, which allows screen-scraper to run as a daemon. My guess is that one of them needs to be upgraded.

Thanks,

Todd Wilson