invocation error

Hi All,

I have been happily scraping away until today, when my scrape suddenly hung, requiring a hard reset of my machine. Now, when I launch screen-scraper, I get the following message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.screenscraper.view.ViewTree.loadScrapingSessions(ViewTree.java:471)
at com.screenscraper.view.ViewTree.handleAppEvent(ViewTree.java:1013)
at com.screenscraper.controller.ControllerMainFrame.handleAppEvent(ControllerMainFrame.java:315)
at com.screenscraper.controller.ControllerMainFrame.init(ControllerMainFrame.java:77)
at com.screenscraper.controller.ControllerMain.init(ControllerMain.java:78)
at com.screenscraper.controller.ControllerMain.(ControllerMain.java:56)
at com.screenscraper.controller.ControllerMain.launchWorkbench(ControllerMain.java:582)
at com.screenscraper.controller.ControllerMain.main(ControllerMain.java:555)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)

I am hesitant to reinstall because I was working on a scrape that I had not yet exported, so I don't have a backup copy. Is there some way to rescue the scrape before I re-install? Or can I repair this error? Many thanks in advance.

Roger

invocation error

Hi,

Unfortunately, if you don't have an export, and none of the backups seem to be in-tact, you may be out of luck. Nonetheless, we'd be happy to take a closer look for you. If you'd like, zip up your entire "resource\db" folder, then send it to me. My email address is my first name at screen-scraper.com.

Thanks,

Todd Wilson

invocation error

Yes, I ran through them many times but each time I get the same corrupted database message.

Even worse problem

So, I have gone ahead and upgraded...figured I would cut my losses and recreate the scrape. Now, none of my the old xml format scrapes that I had exported as backups will import. Screen-scraper says that they are corrupted. Same result when I copy my old database into the new screen-scraper folder. Help!!