Scrap works in workbench, fails in COM

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to SS, so expect some teething problems, but have hit a brick wall with this one.

I am working on re-rendering our CRM site. I have managed to put together a scraping session which logs into the site. I then requested a search and that worked.

I then removed the last step (requesting a search) and put it into it's own scraping session, so it could be called seperately.

I am invoking the sessions using COM from ASP. I can create the RemoteScrapingSession object no problem, and the initialise and scrape the first session (to login) with success. I get the timestamped logfile too !

When I then try to run the second scraping session (to perform the search) I get the following error in the log :

An unexpected error occurred. The error was: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.screenscraper.scraper.RemoteScrapingSessionCommand.equals(RemoteScrapingSessionCommand.java:159)
at com.screenscraper.scraper.RemoteScrapingSessionHandler.run(RemoteScrapingSessionHandler.java:179)

In addition, there is no timestamped logfile created, so I guess the scraper didn't even load it.

However, I can run the scrape fine in the workbench.

Anyone seen this before ? I had a look in the FAQ

thanks in advance.

Scrap works in workbench, fails in COM

:oops: ... and the winner of muppet of the year ?

DOH ! I must remember that in java: doSearch != DoSearch

too much VB programming has dulled my c++ training :cry: