upgrade from 2.7.2 to 3.0

Hi there,
i'm migrating from v2.7.2 free to v3.0 free... i tried, like for the others migrations, to copy the db directory on the new version tree-like structure... but this time it does not work.
Can someone tell me how to migrate my sessions and scripts from the old to the new release ?
Thanks a lot for your help that'll avoid me hours of work....
BR
Fred :cry:

Thanks. I feel badly about posting the reply. Just frustration. Sorry.
I've gone back to 2.7.2 until I work this out. I looked at the differences between the versions and I don't think I'll lose any critical functionality.

shockeymoe,

The best I can think of is to use carefully-placed session.pause's. This works in the basic edition.

http://www.screen-scraper.com/support/docs/api_documentation.php#pause

I hope this helps.

-Scott

Log limit very frustrating!

I recently upgraded my basic version of screen-scraper. I hadn't used SS for a while but found a need. I'm relearning right now and so I am highly dependent on the log. viewing only a few dozen lines does not give me the ability to trace the logic from end to end. I'm considering going back one version but I'll have to find my old install in my backup somewhere. I know its free and the amount of functionality is amazing and much appreciated but the log file issue is killing me.

Ah, yes. That's actually only available in the Professional Edition. There's a chance we may include it in the Basic Edition in a future version.

Best,

Todd

Hi Todd,
I haven't got that on the basic one...
It's only on the pro edition, no ?
fred

Hi Fred,

In version 3.0 we implemented a feature that would limit the number of log lines displayed in the workbench. You should be able to adjust these settings at the top of the log screen. To view all log lines you can simply leave the text field blank.

Kind regards,

Todd

Todd, same behavior on windows XP... it's wierd that you haven't seen that, so i'm wondering if it's my specific scraping session that produces too many log lines ?
Help greatly appreciated ...
:roll:

hi Todd,
2 things:
1- the upgrade + migration of data worked fine, thanks :D
2- i think there's a bug on the mac release (v3.0) :(
here are some details:
Mac OS X v10.4.8 running the last v3.0 screen-scraper
Pb: when running a scraping session, the log is only displayed on the equivalent of 2 pages (the scrollbar is half of its max size), the content is blinking, and at the end of the session, you've got no more than the equivalent of 2 pages, the last 2 ones. the ss.log files in the db directory is empty.
if you can't reproduce it, i can send you snapshot or whatever that can help you.
keep me posted
fred

Hi Fred,

The upgrade requires several steps, but you should be able to pull it off by following the instructions found here:

[url]http://blog.screen-scraper.com/2007/01/12/version-30-of-screen-scraper-now-available/[/url]

Kind regards,

Todd Wilson