Couple of Questions about upgrading to Pro Edition

I've been working on a project with the free edition, and I've loved it. I'm very impressed with the quality of the product, and the amazing level of support through this forum for a program I haven't paid for!

However, I'm now getting in to some areas where the pro edition will be necessary, and have a couple of questions about it.

First, will I be able to transfer the sessions and scripts I have inthe basic edition over to the pro edition once it is installed?

Secondly, I will need to deploy sessions and script to people who only have the free edition. Can I selectively export sessions from pro to be imported in to the free edition, as long as I don't use any pro-only features in the session?

Thanks again!

Adam

Couple of Questions about upgrading to Pro Edition

Hi Adam,

Scraping sessions and scripts can be freely exported and imported between the Professional and Basic editions. The only caveat would be that you may not be able to export from a higher version, then import into a lower version (e.g., it may not work if you export from version 2.7.2 and try to import into version 2.6). You're absolutely right that the basic edition wouldn't be able to handle the pro-only features you might make use of.

Feel free to post a reply if I can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Todd Wilson