Why do I have to re-enter extractor patterns...

...every time I create a new scrapable file? I need to use the same patterns over and over every time I scrape a file.

thanks!

Thanks Todd I figured it out. I did not have the login page correctly configured with all the post parameters. Now if I can get the output file to work I'll be set!

Thanks again!

Hi,

That shouldn't be a problem. You'll want to extract the session ID from a page previous to the one you're scraping, save it in a session variable, then embed it in the URL in a similar fashion to what we demonstrate in our first tutorial (http://community.screen-scraper.com/Tutorial_1_page_1).

Kind regards,

Todd

Problem is that the website is using session variables in the url so everytime the page updates I have to log on, drill down to it then go to SS and generate a new scrapeable file.

thanks!

Hi,

Could you clarify a bit? Is screen-scraper not saving your work? Or are you simply replicating the same extractor patterns over and over? If it's the latter, you may want to re-think your approach. It's rare that you should need to use the same extractor patterns over and over. If you could provide more details on how you're setting up your scraping session I could probably provide some direction.

Kind regards,

Todd Wilson