Is admin rights a requirement

Guys,
I am new to this technology
for installing and working with screen scraper is admin rights compulsory?
if so why is it
Cant a person without Admin rights use the tool to scrape information from the sites
thanks in advance for the help

thks,
bala

Hi,

I think your best bet would be to simply give it a try. Even without admin rights it seems possible that you could be given sufficient rights to make it work (as I described above). Feel free to post a reply if you'd like help with specific issues.

Kind regards,

Todd

hi Todd,
thanks for the reply.
One of my friends told that i would require admin access to work with the tool.
But my problem the OS what we use is windows server 2003.
I would be a client who would be accessing the system.
So if i were using the tool then i would not be given admin access on the erver.
So i wanted to make sure if it was an requirement.

thanks,
balaji

Hi Bala,

It depends on the operating system you're running, but the user account under which you install screen-scraper needs to have rights to

- Write to the folder where it's installed (e.g., C\Program Files\screen-scraper professional edition\)
- Open ports on the machine so that it can make HTTP requests, connect to its own database, allow for server connections, etc.

I'm not sure that helps answer your question, though. If you could give a few details on the trouble you're having, I might be able to offer better suggestions. For example, are you unable to launch screen-scraper? If so, what error messages are you seeing?

Kind regards,

Todd Wilson