An Example of scripting extractor pattern application

Hi Todd,

Screen-scraper has been working very well. I am running it as a remote session. I found the documentation very helpful for writing the interface to the proxy. I am now ready to develop more complex extraction processing. I understand that I can use scripts to control the application of extractor patterns. For example, I would like to run a single scrape, and then run extractions over the file to test for conditions with which to control the application of various patterns depending on results. I have several cases in which different patterns are needed. Do I understand the extraction process correctly in that the extractions can be controlled using a script? Are the dataset and datarecords accessible from a script using the scrapableFile variable and methods such as extractData ad extractOneValue? . The examples you have provided for controlling scraping sessions were very helpful. Do you have an example of code that controls the application of extractor patterns?

Any help you can give much appreciated.
Best,
Cathy Smith

An Example of scripting extractor pattern application

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for the posting. You're correct that the best way to use fine-grained control over the data extraction process is to use the extractData and extractOneValue methods. As far as examples go, we don't have any at present that we have posted on our site. As an alternative, you could either send us your scraping session where we could give more specific pointers, or you could just drop us a note and we could email you a sample or two from other sites we've scraped.

Best,

Todd