MAC OSX PROXY

I'm stumped, this software isn't as user friendly as i'd like.

First off i'm having problems with the proxy on mac.
There's no instructions, on how to do set it up. Therefore nothing is being recorded thru it.

I just did it with Safari - Mac OSX

I am just seeing this post from April. If you still need assistance getting the Proxy Server set up in Safari, let me know.

In a nutshell: Safari>Preferences>Advanced tab>Proxies: Change Settings...>Proxies>Configure Proxies: Manually>
(check box) Web Proxy HTTP> In the FTP Proxy Server box enter "localhost" : "8777" > Okay > Apply
Close> Close

Hope it helps.

Jim

?!?!?!?!

I think i'll give this another day, but looks like i'll need to find another product.

The tutorials are pretty

The tutorials are pretty thorough, and there's even a video version of it, if you'd like (Tutorial 1). The proxy setup really depends on your web browser. All you have to do in screen-scraper itself is push the "run" button on a proxy object (created from the File menu, or shortcut bar).

After that, just set your web browser to listen on either "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" (depends on the browser) and set it to listen on the same port as screen-scraper's proxy is listening on.

If nothing is coming through the proxy in screen-scraper, then the web browser isn't using the proxy settings you've told it to use.

http://community.screen-scraper.com/Tutorial_1_page_3

Just before the third image on that page, there is a note about configuring the individual browsers, instead of just IE (which I doubt you're using on a Mac :) )

Our lead developer is a Mac guy, and the whole thing was built up from the ground by him. For easy cutsom screen-scraping jobs, I'm not sure how much more user-friendly of a program you're going to find. I'd just recommend following the first tutorial, and even if you don't get everything, you'll get a grasp on the main flow of things.

Sorry for delayed responses. We've all been particularly bogged down these last two weeks.

Tim