Showing proxy error even proxy is not configured

Hi,

We have screen scrapper server configured on Solaris machine below is the configuration for the same.

Java Vendor : Oracle Corporation
Java Version : 1.7.0_67
OS Architecture : sparc
OS Name : SunOS
OS Version : 5.10
SS Connection Timeout : 1800 seconds
SS Edition : Enterprise
SS Extractor Timeout : 1200000 milliseconds
SS Max Concurrent Scraping Sessions : 500
SS Maximum Memory : 2048 MB
SS Memory Use : 35%
SS Run Mode : Server
SS Version : 6.0.55a

We have approximately 400 sessions configured in screen scrapper server. We are uploading session as an when we modify the scripts. We are doing this practice from last few years. In the beginning, we had a proxy in between and a few years back we have removed the proxy.

Since last few weeks, we have observed that our scrapping sessions are getting failed because it is using proxy that we had configured earlier. We have checked our latest script file and none of them contains proxy settings, but still those are getting failed for the proxy reason. We have then checked the "ss.data" file on the server and surprisingly we have found proxy setting in this.

To resolve this issue, we have manually deleted all the session using webpage and execute the screen scrapper server again but no luck. The "ss.data" file still containing the proxy settings.

Now question is how do we remove those settings from "ss.data" file? Are the data file keeping old scraping configuration as part of it?

Any further details required can be provided. Need your suggestion to solve this issue.

Regards,
Barnali

If the proxy is set on the

If the proxy is set on the session level, it is probably saved in your exported sessions.

If you go to where your exported sessions are stored, and grep for the proxy address, you can find the affected sessions. If that is the case, you need to edit out the proxy information, and re-import.

Proxy error

As explained in the original post we have done the same, but no luck. Any other suggestions? The basic problem here is "ss.data" file. How do we remove the proxy settings from "ss.db" file?

I would advise against

I would advise against altering the db file. If you do so, please back it up first, and you can use any tool that can edit a Hypersonic database.

Any update!!!

Need your help to identify the issue. Please update.

SS.DB tool

We have tried with Razor, DBVisulizer and HSQLDB but no luck. "SS.DB" is 300MB in size and all tools are not allowing this large size file or the file format is not supported. Could you name any tool that we can download and use? Is there any problem with screen scrapper tool, if "SS.DB" file is large

I almost never open the

I almost never open the database correctly, but when I do I use DbVisualizer, and it works fine. I don't have a DB on hand that is that big, nor am I sure how to troubleshoot DbVisualizer. Do you have Java 8 on your system? Did you select the HQSQL.jar from the screen-scraper/lib directory?

New database

Hi

Can we create a new empty database and than import all session from the scratch? Does this helps?
How to create a new empty database or refresh the database?

If you erase the database,

If you erase the database, and import the session files, and one of the files is still set to use the proxy you'll be the same boat.

I've wanted a clean database before, and if you install to a new location, and make sure you update to the same version, then you can copy the database over.