Running Multiple Instances of Screen Scraper on one machine.

I've created a batch file that runs scrapes daily on my computer using the command prompt at scheduled times. I frequently have other scrapes running using the GUI version of screen-scraper because of scripts that require breakpoints and other troubleshooting problems.

I have run into a problem when the command prompt version of a scrape tries to run at the same time as a GUI version of a scrape. Screen-Scraper loses connection to the database, and urges me to export any unsaved work. I cannot save my files after this occurs and usually have to restart screen-scraper, but this is a major inconvenience when I have scrapes running that require long run times and babysitting. This also happens if I try to run the professional and enterprise editions of screen-scraper at the same time. (Don't ask. Long story).

Is there anyway I can run the command prompt version of screen-scraper at the same time as the GUI version and not have the database for each instance be shared? I'm not sure what database screen-scraper is referring to, nor do I understand how it is shared between each instance of the program while its running. Any insight or solution you could give would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR - Is there anyway to run two instances of screen-scraper on one computer?

BTW, I have the properties setting set to true to run multiple simultaneous instances, and that doesn't seem to fix the problem. It looks like everytime the server instance of screen-scraper starts up in the background to run a scrape, I lose my connection to the database while using the GUI version of screen-scraper. Thank you in advance for your prompt reply. I appreciate your help.

The Run Simultaneous

The Run Simultaneous Instances is good for running scrapes, but if you're modifying the screen-scraper database in GUI while trying to run in another instance that's where the problems are. If you were just in read condition for both scrapes it should work okay, and that is why that option is there.

You will want another instance, and instructions are here. I have about 5 instances on my laptop and it works a lot better.

Thank you

Thank you. This is a perfect solution. I wish I would have found it earlier so you didn't have to find the information for me. I appreciate your help.