The response exceeded the maximum length and was truncated. If you'd like to view the full response........

hi guys

"The response exceeded the maximum length and was truncated. If you'd like to view the full response, click the "Display Response in Browser" button, then view the source in your web browser."

what's going on with the version ssV45? i got that message in "Last Response". Is this a bug or ...?

//Max

We are hitting this problem, how do we fix this

I am receiving HTMl Truncated... and I want to see the whole thing. I DO NOT want to open response in browser... where can I change this setting in screenscraper please.

In version 6.0.61a or newer

In version 6.0.61a or newer you can add a line to screen-scraper.properties:

MaximumDisplayedLastResponseLength=[desired length]

If too large it will detriment performance (that is why it's truncated). The symptom is usually a very slow workbench, or a holdup waiting for the last response tab.

The response exceeded the maximum length ......

Hello, Newbie here.

I get the same message when trying to scrape a site. Is there a setting I can adjust to bump the limit past 100,000?
As it is, I am only getting about half the information I want. Is there an option to set the point at which logging begins, ie, ignore everything until a certain string is encountered?

Thanks.

Before 4.5, it would truncate

Before 4.5, it would truncate the Last Response tab without saying anything. So, in order to see really long responses, you had to push that "view in browser" button.

The difference now is just that 4.5 is telling you that it's truncated, instead of doing it silently.

well, Tim , from my

well, Tim , from my experience what you said maybe not totally true.

What do you mean? I'm not

What do you mean? I'm not sure I follow.

I'm looking at the source code for screen-scraper right now, and it's always has these lines:

if( data.length() > 100000 )
{
data = data.substring( 0, 100000 ) + General.CRLF + "The response exceeded the maximum length and was truncated. If you'd like to view the full response, click the \"Display Response in Browser\" button, then view the source in your web browser.";
}

This is the message that appears at the bottom of the Last Response tab if--according to the above code-- it's longer than 100,000 characters.

All we changed in the 4.0 alphas and in 4.5 is that it now also shows a message above the text pane in red, with a similar message:

if( this.txtScrapedData.isTruncated() )
{
this.lblTruncatedHTML.show();
}
else
{
this.lblTruncatedHTML.hide();
}